Monday, September 27, 2010

Xanax

I need some.  Got any?

This is a Xanax kind of week.

As you can imagine, it's very stressful getting everything ready and packed to take your technology-dependent child 1500 miles across country by car.  It's exceptionally stressful when your van is 10 years old, has 130,000 miles on it and you are just hoping and praying it gets you there and back without any problems.  Actually, we do more than hope and pray ... we take it to a mechanic and put the fear of God in him when we tell him we are paying him to make sure this van gets us to St. Louis and back because it will be hauling very precious cargo.  We took the van in a few weeks ago and had it all checked out.  No problems.  Mark went to start the van tonight and .... dead battery.  Battery is brand new and it's dead.  We're hoping it's just that a light might have been left on when Mark took the van in to be detailed today.  Problem is we are just days away from leaving and dealing with van issues does not fit into our already packed schedule of things that have to get done this week.  Nothing stresses me out more about these trips to St. Louis than the prospect of car trouble.  Part of me just wants to rent a van, but for the cost.

Days before the trip is also not the best time to discover that neither of your boys have long pants, winter pajamas or socks that fit them.  You see, here in the desert, kids don't wear long pants, pajamas or socks.  They live in shorts, boxers and crocs (without socks). Not that big a deal, everything I need I can find at Target.  Finding time to get to Target is a big deal.  Working full-time and having a husband who works evenings and no one to watch your medically fragile child really cuts into one's ability to get the shopping done. I thought I had it all done this weekend.  Guess not.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

I can do this.

Xanax NOW!

Seriously, I only wish for Xanax.  If I actually took a Xanax, I wouldn't be able to function and in addition to all I have to do at home, I have equally as much to do at work to get myself in a position to be gone for a week.

I can do this.

Yes I can.

Cheer me on, please.

8 comments:

Susan said...

YES YOU CAN! YES YOU CAN!

I hope you have a great trip and it all comes off without a hitch.

Rachel said...

YOU CAN DO IT! Sorry for the problems you're running into.... ugh!!! I wish I was there, I'd help watch Jack.... hope you can get some help & find some spare time. Thinking of you!!!!!!!!

ssouth said...

Want me to go to Target here for you? Give me sizes and it's done. Besides, do AZ Targets carry winter clothes? Though it's not terribly cold here yet, just getting down to the 50s or so at night, 60s-70s during the day-perfect!

I will pray you have a safe and uneventful trip.
Stop for all the pumpkin spice lattes you need along the way, which is better than Xanax.

Three Cheers for Ann!
Rah! Rah! Rah!

worthy said...

You can do it, and I know you will! I would happily do your shopping for you (or even take care of the kids while you did it and enjoyed a coffee) wish I wasn't so far away. Hope the trip goes well xxxx

Ann said...

Thanks guys. You make me smile!

Jenny - you are so sweet and I know you totally would go to Target for me. That's what I miss about Missouri ... people who will go out of their way to help a friend. I'll let you know if I don't make it to Target. And, I totally agree, Pumpkin Lattes are much better than Xanax. I haven't had one yet because it's still freaking 100+ degrees here and it just doesn't seem right to have a Fall drink in the heat of summer. I can't wait for Pumpkin Lattes and Pumpkin muffies from the Bread Company. See you soon

Anonymous said...

Of course you can! I just wish it were easier to make it all happen!

Sandra

Melisande said...

Cheering you on, as usual!! (hugs)

Anonymous said...

**cheering loudly**!!
xoxo c