Sunday, August 09, 2009

Superb Sunday

Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.

~John Shirley


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided it was time for a change of attitude and to get that, I needed a change of scenery. So, I forced myself to get up bright and early this morning and headed out for a hike on one of the many local hiking trails we have here in Phoenix. I used to hike on a regular basis a few years ago, but got away from it the year of Jack's spinal fusion surgery. It's amazing how much more productive your day is when it starts out with scenery like this:






Jack and I finished off the day with a nice long walk through the neighborhood while the rest of the family went out for dinner.




Today was a good day. I feel renewed and ready to tackle whatever this week throws my way with a positive attitude. Wishing you all a super week too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like days like that, too. Hope your week is excellent!
Kristy

ssouth said...

Your pictures are amazing. I'm trying to get my big girl panties back on too so next time someone tells me to take a hike, I'll have to try it. Glad things are looking up, and if they aren't at least your rose colored glasses are intact.

Susan said...

Scenery like that is good for the spirit. Beautiful! That's a great way to start out the week.