Sunday, June 05, 2011

School is Out for Summer!

Last week was a busy week with the last days of school and Mary's graduation.  I'll let the pictures tell the story.


Last day of third grade and looking so grown up!  


Outside his classroom



There are only seven weeks of summer break for Eric and then it's back to school!  I've got him signed up for a couple of different summer camps and I'm giving him a couple of weeks off in between just to sleep in, play video games all day and have no agenda.  The first day of fourth grade will be here before we know it!



After dropping Eric off at school, Mary and I went to breakfast together


After breakfast, we did a pre-graduation photo shoot
(click on the picture to enlarge)


The graduate


Mary had a graduating class of over 700 kids and graduation was at Arizona State University. It was a bit tough to get any close-up shots, but here are a few after she received her diploma





After graduation celebration with family 






Ready to head out for some partying with her high school friends


Mary graduated with high honors and earned a full tuition scholarship to any of the Universities here in AZ.  She will be attending Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff and she is beyond excited to be getting out of the house! 


________________________

and last but not least .....

JACK




Jack and I went out for a walk this evening and I stopped at this cool spot for a few pictures.  You can't really tell from the pictures, but Jack's face is 100% better.  It appears that my 12 ½ year old has acne - which has now resolved thanks to some creme his dermatologist gave us.  I'm so happy about that! 

Hilary is home from school and after much thought and discussion, we've decided that she won't be going back to RIT in the Fall ("we" includes Hilary).  As of now, Hilary needs to get a job and she needs to figure out what she wants to do with her life (and it doesn't involve living with mom and dad forever!) She'll likely attend a community college next Fall until she gets things figured out.  So, I get another kid out of the house and one comes back!  Oh well, I'm a long way from ever experiencing an empty nest, so it's no big deal.  

I'm leaving for Ireland next weekend. Not sure if I'll update the blog before I leave and I won't be updating when I'm gone.  So, catch you back here in no less than three weeks! 

Thanks for checking in!  

9 comments:

The Hogan family said...

Ann, you have such a beautiful family! Enjoy your time in Ireland!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Congratulations to smart and beautiful Mary:) And what a treat to have Hilary back while she figures things out. Eric looks very satisfied to have finished 3rd grade. Jack looks happy and his face is much improved. I'm so glad it was just acne!

Enjoy your time in Ireland! I'm jealous! Have a great summer:)


Kristy

Susan said...

I LOVE the pictures of Mary! It's an exciting time. I'm sure you are so proud!

Eric sure is growing up isn't he! They all are, I suppose, but you really see it on his face, which is quite handsome.

Hilary will make her way. Some of us take longer to figure stuff out. Enjoy having her around for a bit longer.

Lastly, I am SO JEALOUS that you are going to Ireland! For 3 weeks?!!! I'd love to join you there for a beer. If not in Ireland, somewhere, someday. I love you Ann. You are a good friend.

worthy said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely photos Ann. Mary looks beautiful and is obviously very pleased to graduate. Hope she enjoys university life. Sorry things didnt work out for Hilary at RIT (they never really leave home you know, my eldest was home at the weekend messing the place up again!). Glad that the cream has helped Jack's face, he looks really happy.

Enjoy Ireland, looking forward to seeing pics of there when you return. xxx

Anne said...

Full scholarship-amazing! You must be so proud of Mary. I will miss you when you are on your trip but you deserve this vacation!

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Mary. She is indeed smart and beautiful and she seems like a kind young lady.
Have a great time in Reland Ann. xoxo
Tess

bettyd said...

Great photos! Congrats to Mary for her scholarship. That is just wonderful to read!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Mary! Full tuition is wonderful!
Have a great trip to Ireland. I'm sure that will be amazing. I look forward to pictures.
Sandra

Lisa said...

I LOVE those images of Jack!
That spot is stunning!

Wow so many changes in your home, I'll be honest I dread each new school year. I want to keep them babies forever, it takes me a long time to adapt.
Your family is stunning.