Sunday, July 03, 2011

The Never Empty Nest

Along the same lines as my "Where is the Book" post, below is the link to a recent article published in Good Housekeeping that was written by the brother/brother-in-law of parents of two children with special needs.  Kuddos to Good Housekeeping for giving space to a story about special needs issues - something you rarely read about in mainstream magazines.  What a special person the author is to not only "get it", but to also share his feelings about it.

1 comment:

worthy said...

That's a really good story, and its something I always worry about - who will take care of Sam when I am no longer able to? it's hard for any parent of a child with special needs. I read about these places for adults with disabilities and really dont want my boy to go there, but the time will come when he has to :(