Friday, July 27, 2007

A Year in the Life

Hard as it is to believe, one year ago today was Jack’s spinal fusion surgery. Even harder to believe is that I have been writing on this blog for over a year now. Who would have thought I’d have so much to say!

As I reflect on this last year, I’m not so sure it’s been the most difficult year since Jack came into our lives, but it ranks as one of the tougher years. Although, in some respects, I’m sure the challenges of this last year have been amplified by the fact that they have been shared openly and honestly with so many. Jack has been amazingly tolerant, patient and happy despite everything he has been through - he is truly a remarkable kid! Jack and I thank you for riding along with us this last year and for all of your encouragement and support. We look forward to sharing this next year with you, although we are hoping for a quiet and uneventful year - at least as far as Jack is concerned.

This last year in pictures . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am pretty much with out words......
You should take a bow, not many could endure all you have had to go through with such grace and confidence.
Congrats and here is to a great year!
Hugs!
Kristina

Mike said...

I couldn't watch your slide show without crying. You and your site are an inspiration (well, it's true). I hope your next year is so boring you don't need a sequel.