Monday, November 05, 2007

Postscript

For reasons some may understand and most may not ... Jack's birthday is a very difficult day for me. But, I got through it and I think Jack enjoyed his birthday weekend and that's what really matters. We went out to dinner both Saturday and Sunday and he always enjoys getting out of the house. Since I didn't send out my usual birthday email this year, I didn't hear from many of the people who typically send the obligatory response wishing Jack a happy birthday. However, one very special doctor did remember Jack's birthday even without a reminder. Dr. Garcia was a PICU fellow who managed Jack and his vent for the first two years of Jack's life. After finishing his training, Dr. Garcia returned home to Puerto Rico, but has kept in touch with us through the years. We love Dr. Garcia and he gave me a much needed lift in my spirits by remembering Jack's birthday.

Dr. Garcia and Jack:



No less meaningful were the e-cards, the gifts and all your well wishes on Jack's blog. Jack and I are very lucky to have so many people in our lives who care - thank you all!

I rescheduled Jack's radiation appointment for next week. He sees the pulmonologist on Wednesday and I need to somehow fit in a time for the company representatives for another eye-response communication system to come out to the house and try it out on Jack. We aren't sure we want to go with the ERICA system because several of Jack's therapists think this other system might be better for Jack. We've got a busy couple of weeks coming up and before we know it, it will be Thanksgiving. Where did this year go?

I'll close with a picture of Jack enjoying "Happy Birthday" sung by the waiters at the restaurant we went to on Saturday.



Have a great week my friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jack looks fab! He's eating it up! He's looking more and more like a young man and less like a boy! Kiss him for us!

Anonymous said...

Ann

I missed his bday!! Happy belated to Jack--great to see that beautiful smile out and about charming the waiters and all. Hug and kiss to the bday boy.

Sebby

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!
What a great picture, he is very very handsome and growing up fast:)
xo christina

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Jack enjoyed his birthday, that is a lovely picture, he is growing into a very handsome young man!
Yay for Dr Garcia, it's nice when you know that there are some of the professionals who actually care.

xxx

Anonymous said...

A great picture of Jack. It looks like he really had fun at dinner! What a wonderful thing that his doctor remembers his birthday every year. Have a good rest of the week with appointments and scheduling.

Cindy said...

Glad that Jack enjoyed his birthday. It's great to see him out and about!

Anonymous said...

Jack, you are getting more and more handsome everytime I see your pic.

Ann, your son has touched a lot of people's hearts. He is one special little boy.

Love,
Tess