Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Eric's Dream

Eric never ceases to make me laugh.  Yesterday he brought home this really cool book that is a compilation of essays written by all the kids in Eric's class about their dreams.  Eric's dream is "to go into space and possibly discover a new planet."  What made me laugh was the end of his essay where he says that the effect his dream would have on him is "for once in my life I would be doing something important and decent." Seriously, shouldn't an eight year old just be playing with legos and having fun, not worrying about doing something "important and decent" with his life?  He makes me laugh ... and he kind of scares me too!


Book cover



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute and very serious!
Kristy

Susan said...

I can't believe he wrote all that. He's a good writer. Those are big dreams. It'll be fun to see what kind of man he grows up to be.

ssouth said...

Lofty.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! You've definitely got your hands full with that Eric.

Anonymous said...

Classic gifted and talented response. What a cool kid!

Sandra