Sunday, July 20, 2008

Just Another Sunday

While we didn't manage to get out of the house together as a family this weekend, the kids (sans Jack) and I went out Saturday to do some clothes shopping for school. Notwithstanding the clothes falling out of over-stuffed dresser drawers and laying all over the floor, they insist they need new clothes for school. Actually, Eric was quite put out that he had to go to the Mall with us. He'd much rather have stayed home with his Dad and Jack. I told Jack as we were leaving for the Mall how I wish I was shopping for back-to-school clothes for him too. It amazes me to think that Jack would be starting 4th grade this year. It just makes me so sad to think about what should have been. But . . . it is what it is and it is okay (for the most part).

I went to see Mamma Mia today. I really enjoyed it, but Mary thought it was corny. It took me awhile to figure out the songs were ABBA songs. I go out to the movies about twice a year and I only like movies with happy endings. I don't like to pay money to walk out of a movie theater depressed. If you like musicals and want a light and entertaining movie with a happy ending -- I highly recommend Mamma Mia. (That's my review, for what it's worth).

Because I knew I wouldn't have much to share (life is really uneventful these days), I stalked my family with my camera today so I'd have some pictures to post:


Eric playing the Wii



Live action


Mary caught first thing this morning


Happy Jack


Hanging out together



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the weekend was uneventful. My dad shares your movie philosophy. His rule: no pathos!

I hope your week is good.
Kristy

Anne said...

Glad to hear that you liked Mamma Mia-I'm anxious to see it. Hopefully soon w/a girlfriend as I know Mike would NOT go with me!

Anonymous said...

Hello!! Good to see another quite week! Jack looks fabulous as usual and so does the rest of the crew. Eric is getting taller!

I'm looking forward to Mama Mia!