Wednesday, July 30, 2008

P.S.

He's in school and he likes it (at the moment). Eric received a warm welcome from his fellow classmates yesterday - the majority of his class from last year is attending the same school Eric is now attending, which made for an easy transition.

Eric funny:

Last Friday when I was grumbling about not being happy with how they combined the Kindergarten class with the 1st grade class, I made the comment to Eric that I was so frustrated with the public school system that I should just put him back in private school. He said "yeah, like I was in last year". I told him that he was in public school last year too, but when he was in preschool, he attended a private Christian preschool. He pondered that for a few seconds and then said to me "I don't want to go to a non-public school". I asked him why? He looked up and pointed to the sky and said "Because I don't want to worry about what's going on UP there, I only want to worry about what's going on DOWN here".

Hmmm . . . I think I need to get him enrolled in RE class, post-haste!

Have a great day and,


May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Old Irish Blessing

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Eric, he's pretty sharp! He cracks me up!

Cindy said...

"Because I don't want to worry about what's going on UP there, I only want to worry about what's going on DOWN here".
LOL! That's great! he's have things figured out soon;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Eric is happily back in school! He really needs to meet Nathan. They can plan their take-over of the world...

Have a great weekend!
Kristy

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. you sure have to be on your toes with him!

Sandra

Christy said...

Do you ever find it difficult to discipline such a funny kid?

And, BTW, I've been wanting to tell you how well written your answer to the question about how having a special needs child has affected your spiritual and policital views (or something like that). I really enjoyed that Q&A a lot. And I also wanted to thank you for the Why can't Jack Talk? one.

As always, thank you for sharing your family with us!

-Christy