Monday, July 19, 2010

Disney Pics




We had a GREAT time at Disneyland/California Adventure. I really enjoyed spending some one-on-one time with Eric.  The last time Eric was at Disneyland he was 4 years old and he doesn't remember much.  This time around, he really got into it.  Because he went with his much older cousins, he was forced coerced to go on a lot of rides he would have preferred not to go on.  You have to know that Eric is deathly afraid of heights, so much so that you can't even pick him up without him panicking.  Somehow, we got him on Thunder Mountain (multiple times),  the Matterhorn and another roller coaster ride in California Adventure.  His favorite rides were the cars and Pirates of the Caribbean - which he and I did together numerous times.  I made him go with me on my favorite ride - Small World.  But, his cousins had already convinced him that the ride was "torture" and filled with "Chuckie" dolls, so he spent the entire ride mocking it.  Oh well, it's still my favorite ride and I'm okay going on it all.by.myself.

It was great to have so many of the cousins together and with Mary being in a wheelchair, it was as good as a fast pass - which made her cousins very happy.  I think the last time we had this many cousins together at Disneyland, a few of them were still in diapers and we were pushing them around in strollers.  Time flies!

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure :)























The family.  We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.  
~Erma Bombeck

6 comments:

worthy said...

I LOVE the Small World ride! went on it at Disneyland Paris several years ago :) Glad you had fun, love the pics xxxx

Alicia said...

Awesome! So glad everyone had a great time. I am still cracking up about the "Chuckie Doll" comment, those cousins must be a hoot to be around. Glad Eric was able to overcome his fears and have fun on those scary rides!

Unknown said...

Looks like a blast! Beautiful family as usual!!

Dana said...

Eric's smile while driving is priceless!


Gald you could get away and have some fun for yourself as well.

Anonymous said...

I love the pics with Eric and the letters, super cool. Glad everyone had a great time. Looks like fun. Tess

Susan said...

Oh wow! Somehow I missed this post. I LOVE the California pictures! We were there last year and I didn't even think to try to get close up for pictures. Great idea! Glad you had a great time. It's a Small World is my favorite too!