Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday at the Lake

While Jack was safe and comfortable in the care of the Ryan House staff, I snuck away for half a day and enjoyed a day at the lake with my sister, brother-in-law and niece. It was fun and "Africa hot". But, if you're going to be out in the Arizona sun, there's no better way to spend it than on a boat on the lake.














___________________________

For those of you who didn't hear the story on FB .... I got a phone call from Eric on Friday telling me that he'd just had a large black ant removed from his ear! I'm not sure how he got an ant in his ear, but, fortunately, Peggy's husband is a pediatrician, so he had the necessary instruments to pull the thing out of Eric's ear, which saved them a trip to the ER.  Peggy said in 30 years of practice, her husband has pulled a lot of things out of kids ears, but he said this was the first time he's pulled a live ant from an ear.  Eric told me he's not going outside anymore!

We're all anxious to get Eric back home .... it's too quiet around here.


Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the lake. I am still speechless about the ant in the ear. What I want now is a play by play from Eric describing how exactly he ended up with a live black ant in his ear! There's got to be a story there!

Have a great week!
Kristy

Katie said...

Glad you got out and enjoyed the day! I'm loving this Ryan House! Really wish we had one here! The ant, well, I wish I didn't read this before bed...I may have some creepy dreams! Ewwww. Glad he's ok though.
Have a great week!
Katie

Erin said...

Perhaps this will cure him of his entemology dreams...
Miss you,
Erin
BTW ~ Not sure when you changed the banner on the blog, but I love it!

worthy said...

wow, the lake looks beautiful, glad you got the break. Hope Eric is non the worse for his ordeal!

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I missed that on facebook. Oh man, I don't blame Eric for not wanting to go back outside. Has he told you how that happened?

Sandra

betty said...

Ann - glad you are feeling comfortable with the Respite house to take some 'me" time! Looks like great fun.
- betty