Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Story Worth Sharing

I'm sure each of you reading this Blog has a number of blogs you follow and the last thing you have time for is to follow yet another blog. However, I want to share with you the blog of a young couple (Christian and Stephanie) who were both badly burned in a small plane accident that happened in August. This couple is from the Phoenix area and they have four young children. There are many remarkable things about their story, but the thing that really moves me is the bond between the sisters. There was an article in our paper today about their story and how Stephanie's sisters have rallied around her to help care for her children and support her and her husband during their recovery. I think it's a story worth sharing. Here is the article in our local paper, it brought tears to my eyes:

After a fiery plane crash, a sister is held even closer

Here is the link to Stephanie's sister - Courtney's blog, which chronicles Stephanie and Christian's progress: cjane

I have been following this story for several months now. It is a story that is both sad and inspiring. My heart goes out to this family and I think yours will too.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing Ann. I definitely needed a tissue for that one. Reading the article and her blog makes me dream of simpler times. I ache for their family and the difficulties they will have during this recovery process. I especially feel such sadness for Stephanie and what things will be like for her as a mother who always loves things "just right"....if she will be able to make things as special for her family as she used to. I pray that she will.

Anonymous said...

Several tissues here. The blog is really good and it's great that Stephanies sisters are keeping everything together. I hope she and Christian get to enjoy their new home along with their family very soon.