Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Monday

After a very uneventful weekend, I have absolutely nothing to update. We didn't even make any more progress on Mary's room. I find that I'm a lump most weekends, trying to recover from the stresses of work (which is out of control these days) and just getting the normal household stuff done. I did manage to get a book read -- "How Doctors Think". It was recommended by one of Jack's doctors. It was written by Jerome Groopman - who also wrote "The Anatomy of Hope", another good book. Usually when I read a book, I start to fall asleep after a page or two, but this book was a very good read and I highly recommend it. However, if you are into novels and escapism, it's not the book for you. With my life, you'd think I'd want to escape in my reading and not spend time reading about what I really don't like, i.e. dealing with doctors. But, as they say ... knowledge is power!

Have a great week my friends. I'll try and post something more interesting later this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had an uneventful weekend - we like uneventful weekends. Did you finish the book?? It takes me so long to get through a book these days - like you said - I usually fall asleep after a couple of pages. Have a good week :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had an uneventful weekend--what a nice treat! Thanks for the book recommendation! I'm always looking for more insight into the minds of these people who work so closely with our children. I hope you have a great week!