Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I can't come up with a title for today's post. I'm losing my sense of creativity along with a whole lot of sleep. Jack just couldn't seem to get comfortable today. His heart rate was higher than usual and he was running a slight fever. Of course, the minute he runs a fever they want to culture everything. His central line is no longer "giving" blood, it's only taking in fluids (TPN). I told them there was no way anyone was even attempting to get blood out of Jack at this point. His veins are shot and the well is dry (so to speak). They gave him some Tylenol and turned down the temperature of his room. So far, he is keeping his temp down. He's finally resting comfortably for the first time today and respiratory is here to do their thing. Such is life in the hospital. I hate this ...

Ciao.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann sorry you are going through this. I hope Jack keeps getting better and better so you can go home. I know its early but when do they think he could go home. Typically what is the stay after this kind of surgery

Anonymous said...

Ann,
He looks really mad, but good. Hope you can get a break today.
Hang in there.
lots of love and prayers,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi there-
I wish there were something I could do for you. I'm sure you are feeling as though you are going to lose your mind! I'll be out of town tomorrow a.m. until Monday night but please know that I'll be thinking of you and praying for Jack non-stop.

Love,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Still praying for peace beyond understanding. Jack is a trooper and he will prevail.

Anonymous said...

Ann-
We are all thinking of you. Kisses to Jack. Hang in there!
Much Love-
Jody

Anonymous said...

Ann - Hey, we're back in town now. I wasn't able to check the blog the whole time we were gone. But I've been thinking about you guys a lot!!! Loved the pictures of Jack. Wish he was smiling, as I'm sure you do too, but hey, he looks like he's holding his own! Keep your faith! Jack will pull through! I'll call you soon.
Love ya both!
Holly (and boys)

Anonymous said...

You guys are still in my thoughts and prayers.
All my love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

You are constantly in our thoughts.

Love Julie, John, Jonathan, James and Sam