Sunday, August 20, 2006

One more day?







To say "if things go according to plan ... Jack will be discharged tomorrow" is risky business, since nothing has gone according to plan to date. Not to worry though, Jack has been behaving himself and he should be discharged tomorrow. There are still a lot of details that we've not been fully informed about yet regarding meds, equipment and food ... but, Mark assures me he's been asking all the right questions, just not getting any answers. I wish the people who have the "power" would have to "walk the walk" just once. Mark has slightly more patience than I do, so I'm sure he will calmly get it all get worked out tomorrow and Jack will be coming home with everything he needs.

On Saturday, my friend Melisande (one of my trach board mom friends) came by with her son, Donovan to visit. She thought Jack looked great and much more like himself. Thanks, Melisande for stopping by.

As for the rest of us, we had a great time at Disney. I didn't get to spend much time with my girls (and their cousin), as they left Eric and me in the dust as soon as we walked through the entrance gate. Eric and I had a great time though. Since he had no agenda, we just took our time and hung out in Fantasyland (where the lines move the absolute slowest ....) The drive home was a bit painful, as three teenagers and a four-year old tormentor in close quarters makes for a lot of yelling and screaming (by all of us!)

Please keep those fingers and toes crossed and prayers coming for Jack's uneventful release from "prison" tomorrow.


The pictures:
1. Beauties, and the
2. Beast
3. Melisande and Donovan visiting with Jack

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel good about tomorrow, Ann. Don't want to jinx it, so I'll keep my fingers crossed too! This will be two years in a row of extended, unexpected stays for you guys. I hope it is better in the future. {Hugs}

Thanks for taking pictures Peggy! We didn't have a camera all weekend!

Love,
Melisande

Anonymous said...

Ann,

Hooray! So glad to read the update that includes "discharge" (or is it "jailbreak"?). Glad to see you all had a great time at Disneyland. Continued prayers that your whole family is home together in just a few days...

Jennie

Anonymous said...

Ann

Looks like everyone had fun at Disneyland.

Hoping and praying that everything is good to go today.

((((HUGS)))
Julie

Anonymous said...

hi ann-

it's Monday, i'm hoping all is going as planned for jack...if you need us to send a shovel and a black mask to Mark to help with the prison escape, just send word!

sebby

Anonymous said...

Ann,
Take a deep breath and let it all out just like they do on those cartoons where it makes them "balloon" flat skinny. Now get a tank of nitrious oxide and take a deep breath in and hold it all the way to St. Louis and back. "Guaranteed" you won't give a crap about anything. Just for luck though...take a back up tank. Jack might want to take a whiff now and then.
I'm not going to get all excited and jinx anything for you guys but I have to say Jack has pulled off some pretty amazing feats in his day. Like Melisande said this is two years in a row...lets not even visit the idea of three!
Hugs and Kisses to you all. Glad Disney was good for you all...I can just picture you all in the van and I can't wipe the grin off my face!
Be safe guys!
Janet

Anonymous said...

whoohoo! Free at last, free at last! Hang in there, a fork in the road is right around the corner!

Way to go, Jack, way to go!!!


Kari

Cindy said...

Hmmmmm, can't see the "Beast";-)

Hope all goes well with Jack's discharge.

Cindy said...

OK, I see the photo of Eric now, but still no beast!?;-)