Thursday, August 17, 2006

We have a smile!


Mark emailed me a few pics of Jack today. We have finally "captured" a bit of a smile. As you can see from the other picture, Gumby goes everywhere with Jack (it's a Mark thing).

Things still look good for a Monday discharge day as long as Jack behaves himself over the weekend. We still have to get up to speed on the broviac, get things lined up with whoever is getting us the pump to administer the Vancomycin and figure out where we are getting the new formula Jack is on. The social worker was able to convince our insurance to transport Jack from the hospital to our friend Peggy's house via ambulance. That makes life much easier in the short term. Jack's nurse will be flying out to St. Louis again this weekend and will help with Jack the few days he is at Peg's house before we hit the road for home. Since Mark is already out there, he'll just stay and I'll be flying back out on Wednesday. I want to stay home as long as possible because both my girls are in school and it's a lot for my sister to have to get my kids to school and her kids to school. Eric is also having a difficult time with all the disruption. I'm just looking forward to the day we are ALL back home again. It's been one L--O--N--G month.

Someone suggested that I take advantage of this time to do something fun with my other kids. I couldn't think of anything fun to do here in Phoenix, so I decided I'd take the kids to Disneyland this weekend! They are beyond excited because it was so unexpected. We'll leave tomorrow after school gets out. I won't be taking my computer with me (hard to believe, I know), so the next update won't be until Sunday night. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks Ellen for the books and thanks Pat and Chuck for the chocolate. We are blessed to have such wonderful friends.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time this weekend!!

Love,
Anne

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you are going to Disneyland. Have a wonderful time! And it was so great to see a smile on Jack's face. I saw Elmo in the background--who couldn't smile when watching Elmo! It always brings many smiles to Sara's face. Our prayers are with you all every day.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jack! Lookin' good! Have a great adventure Ann, and a well-deserved sort-of rest!

I know it'll be tempting, given everything you've gone through these past weeks, but whatever you do, DON'T trip Barney. Don't kick him, pull his tail or thwack him on the nose with your handbag. Even if he starts singing.

You could, however, accidentally trip & stick cotton candy up his ###.

Seriously, though. Have a fantabulous time, breathe deep, and steal some of those really happy moments, stick 'em in a jar, and save 'em for those days when you really need one of those reminders!

Hugs,


Kari

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see that smile again, Jack's definitely getting better. Get Mark to keep telling him he's getting outta there on Monday.

Ann, wow, Disneyland! Hope you have a great weekend, you deserve it.

I'll be praying for Monday

((((HUGS))))
Julie

Anonymous said...

OK Ann,
While you are in Disneyland I want you to scope out all the places you want to take Jack once's he's well. The offer is still on the table and will always be!!! I am so glad you are letting your hair down and doing this for you and the kids. It will be a weekend they never will forget.

You couldn't help it but sneak us a smile Jack, could you! You are such a cute handsome man. Focus getting better little man because there is a long walk before you get to the great golden city of OZ...ha, ha! HOME sweet Home!
Hugs to the entire Jack Clan

Anonymous said...

What a way to start the weekend! So glad you are making plans to go home! Have a wonderful weekend...you more than deserve it. Can't wait to read the words, "Jack is home!"

Jennie

Anonymous said...

Happy you're going to disneyland, hope y'all have a wonderful time. It was great to see jack smile again. Have a great weekend

becca

Anonymous said...

Happy you're going to disneyland, hope y'all have a wonderful time. It was great to see jack smile again. Have a great weekend

becca

Anonymous said...

Ann,
Good news all around. Have a great time at Disney. You think you were tired before???? I'm so happy for all of you, I'm praying things stay on schedule.
Love,
Kathy H.

Anonymous said...

Ann -

I am glad to see Jack's smile again. I'm sure that was the best news for you too.

Have a great trip with your other kids. I'm sure they will love it.

- Betty

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!! I'll be calling you to see if I can bring Mark or Jack anything!!!

It's about time! I bet you are relieved to see a smile!

Love,
Melisande

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann, I have been away on holidays and no where near a computer, so I am happy to see that things are looking good. That is a great smile of Jacks, it made my day to see it. Have fun in Disneyland (like you wouldn't).
Love,
Tess

Cindy said...

So happy to see a bit of a smile from Jack. Disneyland! What a super idea:-)

Anonymous said...

He is smiling!! YEAH!!! Ann, I am very happy Jack is feeling better. I hope you have a great weekend and I can't wait to read you are all safely home. I love Gumby :o) Whitney

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack! Gumby say, you should see what Gumby can do today! Get a smile from his pal Jack! Gumby love it!!

xoxoxoxo!

Anonymous said...

Love that smile Jack. I am glad you are finally happy again.

Anonymous said...

Yay, a smile!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear that Jack is feeling better. Hope you had fun at Disneyland!!

Lots of love and hugs,

Annette

Anonymous said...

Hey Ann,
I hope you had a great time with Mickey! Wish I was there with you! Great to see Jack smile!

Love,
Maureen